Contact Custom Fields - Date Won't Clear Out

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Katelake3566
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Contact Custom Fields - Date Won't Clear Out

Post by Katelake3566 »

We have a custom field called "Term Start Date". On record 513, someone mistakenly put a date in this field. I deleted the date and ran a Search Custom Fields report based on the date and record 513 continues to show the date of 02-06-2019.

How can I clear this field so this record doesn't appear on my report that shows customers that started in the first quarter of this year?
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Contact Custom Fields - Date Won't Clear Out

Post by Brads326 »

Thanks for reporting this. The development team is looking into a resolution to this issue. We will report back in this forum thread soon.

Until then, we have manually cleared the value in record 513 for you.
Elliott
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elliott »

We have now added a red trash can icon next to each of the custom date fields. Clicking it will remove whatever date was previously there for that specific field. Please verify that all is working as expected now. Thanks for using AllProWebTools!
Katelake3566

Post by Katelake3566 »

The red trash can works well, thank you!

Challenge with custom dates - if my cursor hovers over a date field and I scroll with the roller in my mouse, a date pops up in the field and changes with the scrolling. This happens a bit accidently when we are trying to scroll down the screen. If the cursor is hovering in the wrong spot on the screen, we all of a sudden get dates entered into fields unintentionally. Plus, we don't always realize it happened so it causes problems later when we have a wrong date appear in a field. This happens whether the field is blank or already has data in it.

Would be better if the date fields don't change unless we actually click into the field vs. hovering over it.
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NoahBaldwin »

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This has been addressed. Can you verify that scrolling does no longer affects the date fields? Note: You may need to clear your browser's cache for the change to take effect.
Katelake3566

Post by Katelake3566 »

Yippee! You fixed it!! Thanks so much!!!!!! :D :D :D :D