Contact Us Email input field

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Contact Us Email input field

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Aloha! Is it possible to have the contact us page request that the customer put in their email address twice and if the two emails don't match that they get an error? We have been getting more and more emails from our "contact us" screen and the email that the customer puts in is often not valid. We only know this once trying to reply and it bounces back. Maybe having them double input the email address would help or any other suggestion you have as a solution would be most helpful? We don't want our customers thinking we are ignoring their questions :) Thanks!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Contact Us Email input field

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

My first suggestion for you would be to try setting up the Recpatcha validation on your contact page.

You can set it up under Settings->Administrator in the "Recaptcha Configuration" panel.

This video should help:
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Ok thanks for this! I will try to figure out where our site key codes are. Just curious how setting up the "I'm not a robot" box is going to help cut down on customers typing in their email address incorrectly? The invalid emails are actual valid customers or potential customers that just mistype their email in and not spam mails.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I thought you were talking about spammy type emails, which the Recaptcha would help prevent, making sure it was a human filling out the form and not a bot.

Since you're more concerned about customers who mistype their email address, we will look into adding something like this.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

We were able to add a second email field to your contact page, "Re-Type Email Address" so that your customers will have to type in their email address in the same in both fields in order to submit the contact page.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Great thank you!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Could this be made into a standard contact form option for all of APWT? I like this idea.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

You can easily add a second email input on the Contact Page for any AllProWebTools website by adding one line to the Contact Page under Settings->Administrator in the "Theme Editor."

Just find the line that says "Your Email Address" which should be around line 15 on the default Contact Page, and add this below it:

Code: Select all

<p><b>Re-Type Email Address<br /><input type="text" name="fromwho2" class="form-control" value=""></b></p>
Please let me know if you have any other questions!