Change the email that gets sent after someone makes a purchase

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Change the email that gets sent after someone makes a purchase

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a client asking this question:

"After someone makes an order - they get an email that tells them they are "paid in full" when they really aren't. they have paid the deposit only. Is there a way that line can be removed from the email template?"

Is the email template that gets sent out to someone after they make a purchase in the list of email templates?

Is it the 'Email Invoice' template? if so, all I see is this:

Thank You For Your Order

{ORDERDETAILS}

If this is the right email - we need a way to remove the 'paid in full' line... let me know how I can go about doing this.

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Change the email that gets sent after someone makes a purchase

Post by Dave »

There are 2 invoicing options:

1 - PDF invoice
2 - Email invoice

These can be configured by going to "settings" -> "Invoicing" from the main menu. There is a tab called "PDF Options". Choose this tab and notice the setting called "Display invoice PDF links":
- The "off" position will send an email only version of the invoice that will not show the link to the PDF version of the invoice.
- The "on" position will send the email version of the invoice along with a link at the bottom that says "To View Your Order Invoice: Click Here" - that will open the PDF version of the invoice.

The PDF version is redundant and contains the same information as the email, so disabling it does not hurt anything.

The PDF version can be customized by contacting our Support Team via chat or Screenshare and the invoice can be changed to your needs while you are on the support call.

You have control to edit the invoice email from the main menu under "Marketing" -> "Emails" - by adding text above or below the token "{ORDERDETAILS}". This token is what produces the list of items purchased and the order number and "paid in full" message.

We have removed the "Paid in Full" message as it is no longer necessary when the line above it says "Due: $0.00" in version 5.2. If you are still on version 5.1 and would like to upgrade - contact our Support Team with chat or screenshare. It only takes 1 minute to upgrade.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Re: Change the email that gets sent after someone makes a purchase

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay great! This is all very helpful.

This client is on 5.1, so I will contact support to get it updated.

Thanks again for all of this information!