Dynamic Message errors

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Dynamic Message errors

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am attempting to set a dynamic message, using basic punctuation. yet I am getting this error message every time I set it:

Whoops! Please make sure the Dynamic Message contains letters, numbers, and basic punctuation only. [JAB04-999]

At first, I attempted to set the dynamic message to this:

"Thank you! Someone will be in touch with you soon."

On second attempt, I changed that message to this:

"Thank you, someone will be in touch with you soon."

On third attempt, I changed the message to this:

"Thank you. Someone will be in touch with you soon."

But even that example did not work.

So even with only periods - no other punctuation, I am getting that error message. It's as if it's telling me that no punctuation is allowed.

I've experienced issues with this dynamic messaging box in several client sites this week, so I figured I'd post this here.

EDIT: I was able to set the dynamic message to a basic message with NO punctuation at all, then the sign up box was finally able to be saved. After I created the box, I went back to edit the message to this: "Thank you! Someone will be in touch with you soon." and it saved. So it seems to be an issue only with the initial sign up box creation.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Dynamic Message errors

Post by Dave »

We appreciate your reporting this issue and thank you for providing such detail.

We have attempted to reproduce the issue that you have described in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We have also attempted to reproduce the issue by both creating a new leadbox and editing an existing leadbox.

We have been unable to reproduce this issue and we are able to create dynamic messages with the specific punctuated examples that you have provided.

Can you provide additional information that will help us to reproduce the issue?

It would also help if you can provide the web browser that you are using and the exact version number that you are using. If you are using Chrome, they recently released an upgrade with a bug that inserted extra formatting characters into webforms, this was very quickly fixed by Google and they release a patch the very same day. If your Chrome browser is not updated to the very latest - this would explain the issue that you are describing.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

It looks like I'm using Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) of Google Chrome, and it says its fully up-to-date.

I have not attempted to edit any leadboxes since this post, but that is the version of Chrome I'm using, hopefully that helps.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I am still experiencing this issue on many client sites.

This is from just right now: Whoops! Please make sure the Dynamic Message contains letters, numbers, and basic punctuation only. [JAB04-999]

My work around has become this... I enter in a dynamic message with literally NO punctuation whatsoever. I save the sign-up box. I go back into the sign up box and add in the correct dynamic message, and the second time around it saves it just fine. So it's like the system does not like the punctuation when the sign up box is being initially created... but if its an existing sign up box, works just fine.

The site in question that I am experiencing this on IS on APWT 5.0.

I doubt it has to do with the version of Chrome, like you mentioned in a previous reply.

Let me know about this.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello again,

Related to this... I am also getting THIS error:

Whoops! Please make sure the Name contains letters and numbers only. [JAB04-818]

SO... the name doesn't like ANY punctuation either.... The punctuation I tried to have in the name was simply just an apostrophe... so It would say 'Women's"... but I can't use an apostrophe here either.

EDIT:

I'm adding on to this now....

ALSO - every time an error like this happens, I need to reset MANY of the settings on the form, such as the width of the form, I need to reset the Dynamic message, I think sometimes I even need to retoggle the 'hide labels'... so it's like if an error happens on a sign up form, we are forced to repeat and reenter all of the settings we just added in.
Elliott
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elliott »

I'd be happy to help you with this issue. Although, I'm currently having trouble reproducing it. Would you mind giving the support code of a client that is still experiencing this? Also could you attach some screen shots of a lead box edit page with the issue so that I can more closely replicate your data?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Well I'm having trouble making it happen again too.

But do know that this happened to me a few times this week, and this morning. I do NOT want to continue making sign up boxes on this clients site to test this, especially since there is no option to delete sign up boxes (can this be added?).

Just know that this does continue to happen. If it does happen again... I can try and get a screenshot, but I may not be able to.
Elliott
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Elliott »

Ok, let us know when it happens again. A screen shot would be helpful if you do catch it. We are looking into adding the delete button on the next update.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay that all sounds good!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I was able to get this error to happen again today.

I'm sending a screenshot and Zoom recording to the Support email.
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NoahBaldwin »

The Dynamic Message box is designed to only allow alphanumeric characters with standard punctuation. It will accept A-z, a-z, 0-9, spaces, tabs, ?, !, -, and '.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hey,

Right, I added in other things just for the test. But I do get that message on occasions when I use simply those ones that you just mentioned. Sometimes I am just using a !, or just using a period, or just using a ?, or a ! and a period... but it still happens. That's what I was trying to demonstrate. That it does not happen on every instance that sign-up boxes are made, but it does happen when it should not be happening. Does that make sense? Like I can't control when the error happens, but it still does happen on occasion.
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NoahBaldwin »

Please let us know if you run into this issue while trying to create a dynamic message that you would like to use. If you do run into this, please send a screenshot/video with the exact name that you are trying to use.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Ok I'll do my best to keep a record of this when I am making these.