Unsubscribe Page and radio buttons

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Unsubscribe Page and radio buttons

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have two questions about the Unsubscribe page.

1- Does the unsubscribe page (the page that you are sent to after clicking on the unsubscribe button in an APWT email) - does that page have a template that we can edit? On some sites that I manage, I want to edit/remove the side bar from those pages... is there a way that I can manually do this?

2- Is there a way to please remove the second radio button? The one that reads: "I wish to continue receiving occasional mailings on these topics:" ... Since, for most cases, there is nothing under that radio button, so it just confuses the user (and sometimes site owner), so that form just ends up looking like the attached photo.

If that second radio button wasn't there, and if I could edit the sidebar on those pages, then I could make those pages much cleaner and less confusing for people.

Please let me know about these two things, thank you.
Attachments
unsubscribebuttons.jpg
unsubscribebuttons.jpg (35.36 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unsubscribe Page and radio buttons

Post by Kathlein »

The page that you are referring to is called the "Unsubscribe Page" and it can be accessed from the template editor which can be found by choosing "Settings"->"Administrator" from the main menu.

Here you can access all of the settings for the page.

A word of caution, much of how the unsubscribe page works will be changing in our next version release to make it easier to control the items that you have mentioned. So be sure to read the developer update notes (which will be located here: https://www.allprowebtools.com/Developer-Resources/) when the Beta is released which will explain the changes.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay great, thank you that helps.

Also, what is the target release date for the beta version?
Kathlein
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kathlein »

You can learn all about the new version here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3916&p=8212#p8212

Please note that information on this page changes frequently during the development process.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Okay I have some new questions about the unsubscribe page.

1) How can I change this message? "You have been unsubscribed from *Client Name* Promotions.' - is there a place where I can go to customize this message? (this is the message that appears after someone has unsubscribed)

2) This is from the client: "And - don't want tags to show- she wants once the 'unsubscribe' is clicked in the email, to auto unsubscribe from the newsletter only"
- is this possible? to NOT have tags show, but to only unsubscribe from that one tag if they decide to unsubscribe? So like, if they get a newsletter, and they click unsubscribe, will they only unsubscribe to that one newsletter tag?

Let me know about these things, thank you. And let me know if I'm not being clear in what I'm asking.
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NoahBaldwin »

1) What would you like to change the message to say?

2) Here is a video that addresses your question:

Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Noah,

I'm sorry but that video did not answer my question.

Let me try and rephrase this.

A customer is tagged with multiple tags. One of those tags is 'Newsletter'. This person wants to unsubscribe. If they click 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of a Newsletter email - and the photo below is what they see - will they be unsubscribed from ALL the tags they are tagged as (as that is what it sounds like) OR will it only unsubscribe them from the Newsletter tag - the tag that is attached to that newsletter campaign? Once again, please let me know if this part is not clear.

So then - IF the 'unsubscribe' button DOES unsubscribe someone from ALL the tags they are tagged as, then how can we make it so that that unsubscribe button ONLY unsubscribes from ONE TAG - without needing to show all the tags on that unsubscribe page? Is this even possible to do (legally and through APWT)

Then - going back to my first question - Do I need to tell you want I want that message to be here? It is pretty specific to the client, and I'd rather not post that here for confidentiality reasons. Is there not a way that I can edit that message myself?
Attachments
unsubscribe.png
unsubscribe.png (18.29 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, clicking "unsubscribe from all" will do exactly that. This is in accordance with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM act. When a customer "unsubscribes from all" it will not change what tags they have, it just prevents any marketing related emails from being sent out to them. Other emails like password resets, or invoices when they purchase something will still go through to them.

We also provide you with a way to encourage your customers to CHOOSE how they want to hear from you - as opposed to just unsubscribing from everything. This is what is explained in the video provided in the previous post.

So, if you want to allow the customer to remove themselves from the "newsletter" tag, you will need to follow the instructions in the video posted earlier so that it will show up as an option on the list.

Customization of the unsubscribe page is a feature that will be available in our next version release. In the current version (4.63) you have some limited access to customizing the unsubscribe page by going to "administrator" and clicking on "Unsubscribe Page" in the "Theme Editor"