Unable to send Test Email

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Unable to send Test Email

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

We are unable to send test emails out of the account c2469

When we try to send, we get the following message:

"Your credentials are incorrect." (screenshot below)

This account is using MailGun. On the Settings --> Email Screen, I get the red warning message of: (I am pasting 'DOMAIN' in the place of the actual URL)

WARNING: You must set your DNS so that webmail.DOMAIN.com is set as a cname to DOMAIN.com

But I just did this. Is it being cached? Also, is this what is causing the test email warning message? Are the two warnings related to each other?
Attachments
Credentials.jpg
Credentials.jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 9176 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to send Test Email

Post by JohnB »

The "You must set your DNS so that webmail.DOMAIN.com is set as a cname to DOMAIN.com" warning only applies to the email inboxes, which you see first under the "Manage Email Addresses" tab when you go to Settings->Email, so that would not affect your SMTP or your sending of test emails.

I would check your Mailgun credentials, and based on the error "Your credentials are incorrect" you are getting, one of those four SMTP Settings is not correct.

This video may help you troubleshoot the SMTP Mailgun settings.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi John,

I just logged into the MailGun account and all of the information in those four boxes are correct. We should have set this up correctly months ago. Is there any other reason why this is not working?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Just to clarify, the SMTP Setting called "Mail Password" should be filled in with the "API Key" from Mailgun. Was this filled in correctly?
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Okay, that is not at all obvious so I did not add the API key there.

But - that is not working for me either. When I paste the API Key there, it gives a new warning (the other warning is gone, replaced with this one)

The parameters passed to the API were invalid. Check your inputs!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

It still sounds like the SMTP Settings that were put in are incorrect. If you have not already, I would recommend looking at the above video at 6:30, where they start going over how to fill in the SMTP Settings.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

John,

Yes, I followed that process already today. I added in the correct information that I needed to, but I am still getting errors. I just now tried to send another test and its still not working.

I've gone in and added her MailGun information into the 'passwords' area. If you can, could you please login to her mailgun account and double check for yourself that I've been doing this all correctly? Once again, the website's ID is c2469.

Thank you.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I've looked into this, and found that the issue is not with the SMTP Settings, but that there is no "From Email" set under Settings->Company Information, so the emails are not being sent from anyone, which is causing the error.

Just set an email address (it is best to try and use an email address that matches the verified domain in mailgun if you can) under Settings->Company for the "From Email" and you will be able to send a test email properly.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Yes, that finally worked.

So, since the case here was that there was no 'From' email address... then why did the error message not reflect that? If the error message had specifically said that there was no 'from' email sent, it would have completely avoided all of this confusion and time spent on this issue.

If at all possible, could the error messages be fixed/added/edited to better properly reflect what is actually happening to avoid this in the future? that would be awesome.

Thanks.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This error message has been corrected to avoid future confusion!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Thanks, John! Much appreciated.