Recaptcha loop

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Recaptcha loop

Post by Andy1735 »

Lots of customers reporting they cannot get past the recaptcha checkbox on our checkout page. How do I debug this?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Recaptcha loop

Post by JohnB »

What exactly are they experiencing?

Are they unable to solve the Recaptcha, or are they getting an error message when they click on the Place Order button?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

The recaptcha is just a checkbox, they are checking that, and then when they try to submit they are looped back.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

This may have been related to the same network trouble that caused this issue.

Right now, the Recaptcha on the checkout page appears to work fine. Please let me know if you continue to get reports of this issue tomorrow.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Cool, thanks John! I'll let you know if we see anything
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

This problem has returned. Shane says 1-2 times per day a customer is complaining about recaptcha not working.

Latest is ton********oo.com, he says "i am trying to make order they are telling me to check robot box and i did 10 time pleeeeeeaaase help"

Any specific troubleshooting for this or something we can tell customers to do?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We will be working to collect more information about this to try and pinpoint the issue, but there does not appear to be anything wrong with the Recaptcha on the checkout page.

It also sounds like the majority of your customers are not having any issue with the Recaptcha. Perhaps the few customers who are having issues are completing the Recaptcha, and waiting too long to complete the order, expiring their Recaptcha.

Otherwise, my first suggestion would be for the customer to try using a different browser and see if that makes any difference.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We have been monitoring this issue, and was able to address an issue where the recaptcha was not submitting properly on the checkout page. This should improve, if not completely fix, the recaptcha issues you have described here.

Please keep an eye on incoming orders starting now, and let us know if you notice any improvement, or any issues! Thanks!
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Awesome! We did hear of someone on Friday I think with the problem. I'll let you know what we see going forward. Thanks!