Private Web Page when Purchase a product

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Private Web Page when Purchase a product

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

I am building a website for a client. She is offering a virtual online class and when people purchase the class, I want them to login to their APWT account and be redirected to a particular page. That page would then contain the embedded video and links to the class documents on it. She'll be offering a few different classes - each one needing its own landing page so that people can access the classes they pay for.

So, as new classes are offered, I'll need to figure out how they will have access to the specific course landing pages as they purchase those classes. Can you tell me your ideas... so when someone purchases two classes, they login to their APWT account and somehow find the two links to the two classes they purchased to go to for viewing the class material.

Thank you for your help with this!
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Private Web Page when Purchase a product

Post by Paige »

This is sounding like the AllProWebTools Membership WebTool! Quick question, does the customer pay for the class up front, or is it a recurring cost?
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

The class is paid for once and that allows them access to the private page. There is no repeating payment, so I'm not thinking of this like its a membership, but that doesn't mean its not implemented like a membership.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

What you are asking for is the membership system. I have added a feature in the next version, 4.4, that allows you to set a non-recurring membership which will solve your current dilemma.

If your client would like to implement this system before the new version is released you can make a membership product that recurs every 365 days and you can change it to a non-recurring after we release the feature.
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Great! But, one more clarification. Can I create a separate page (or pages) for each membership product? So that I know that certain pages are only available if they've purchased that product. Thanks for all this!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Yes you can!
  1. Go to Website->My Webpages and select the page you would like to work on
  2. Click on the Members Only tab
  3. There should be a list of your memberships with a checkbox next to them
    • If you do not see this list, make sure you set up a Membership Product first
  4. If you check a membership level, then this page will only be visible to those members
  5. To be able to see the page, your customer must:
    • Be logged in to your website
    • Purchased and has a currently active membership
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Dgalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Dgalassi1792 »

Thats helpful! Thank you! Last question.... if we have the product defined as a product right now, and there's been sales of that before we create the membership product - how can we transfer those buyers to the membership product so that we transfer access to the membership? Is there a way I can mark a user as a member or do they need to purchase the membership product?

Thank you again for all your help!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

They will need to purchase the membership product to be marked as a member, but that can still be done.

What will happen, is you will create an order for the customer, and you can discount the membership product so that they do not have to pay for it again. You can even put in the order notes once it is created why it was discounted and reference the order number where they did pay for it earlier.

The next piece, would be to adjust their renewal date.
  1. Go to Reports->Sales->Memberships
  2. This is a list of all your members. You can click on the table header that says Name to sort the whole list by name
  3. Find the customer you need to update.
  4. In the Next Charge column, adjust this to the correct date that this customer will have to renew their membership