PayPal

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Rene423
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

PayPal

Post by Rene423 »

Just wanted to double check with you on the IPN for PayPal. Previously we had the mockup site name. When I called PayPal, they said to change out the mockup URL to the activated RisingPhoenixLtd URL. I noticed there is /listener/paypal-ipn.php after https://www.risingphoenixltd.com:
https://www.risingphoenixltd.com/listen ... al-ipn.php ...Is the /listener/paypal-ipn.php supposed to be there for APWTs? The PayPal technical guy said this would be a requirement from my web host side, thus checking with to see if it is necessary. I have changed it to https://www.risingphoenixltd.com/listen ... al-ipn.php, but please validate.

Thank you.
Rene423

Re: PayPal

Post by Rene423 »

You may ignore the post. I called PayPal a 3rd time (3 times a charm) and got to the right person. They let me know that is required by them.

Thanks
Rene423

Post by Rene423 »

Well, after talking to another PayPal personnel, no one seems to really know. Some think it is what APWT requires. Do you?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I apologize for not responding sooner, I thought that you had resolved this on your own.

The ipn is required to be able to process payments if you have a PayPal standard account. If you have a PayPal Pro account, this is not needed.

If you need help setting up your IPN for your PayPal standard account, you can follow these directions:
  1. Open a new tab and login to your PayPal account.
  2. Leave this tab open, and open your AllProWebTools console in a separate tab
  3. Go to Settings->Payment Methods and click on the Credit Card tab
  4. In the box titled PayPal copy the IPN link in the first field
  5. Now click on the link that says PayPal IPN settings
  6. Since you are already logged into your PayPal account, this will take you directly where you need to be.
  7. Set the Notification URL to the URL that you copied from your AllProWebTools console.
  8. Make sure to save changes in your PayPal account, and you should be good to go!
Rene423

Post by Rene423 »

Hello John,

Yes, yesterday and last night is when I thought it was resolved, but a PayPay person called me just before I added the last note at lunch time today. So, you didn't originally have to reply.

I know about the setup in the dashboard. My question was - is the IPN format in the field after my URL required and setup for APWTs? PayPal's staff can't give me a 100% answer (3/3 each had a different answer). I know this was set up over a year ago. All I need to know is anything past my URL, required by APWTs to have notifications sent or for any other reason. I believe it does but need confirmation. Thanks

PayPal is set up to my RP gmail email.

Thanks
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

I'm not sure if I'm following your question, but I will try to answer the best that I can.

When setting your IPN for PayPal, AllProWebTools provides you with the URL that needs to be put into your PayPal account.

The full URL you need to use should end in

Code: Select all

/listener/paypal-ipn.php
and the full URL is required to be put into your PayPal account for PayPal and AllProWebTools to communicate properly.
Chelsea2259

Post by Chelsea2259 »

I am also working on setting up Paypal with the shopping cart. I copied and pasted the url and did everything I was suppose to but when you check out of the store it says the button in un-encrypted.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Chelsea2259 wrote:I am also working on setting up Paypal with the shopping cart. I copied and pasted the url and did everything I was suppose to but when you check out of the store it says the button in un-encrypted.
Are you trying to use PayPal Standard or PayPal Pro? What is the exact error message you are getting?
Chelsea2259

Post by Chelsea2259 »

I have the account set up for paypal standard, I don't understand how to set it up with pro and I think that cost a monthly fee. this is the message you get when you click on the paypal button.
Attachments
error message.PNG
error message.PNG (11.45 KiB) Viewed 22819 times
Chelsea2259

Post by Chelsea2259 »

I solved the problem. I have to change the settings in paypal to accept un-encrypted payments
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Chelsea2259 wrote:I have the account set up for paypal standard, I don't understand how to set it up with pro and I think that cost a monthly fee. this is the message you get when you click on the paypal button.
There is one of two options to get rid of this error:
  1. Change the setting in PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customer ... e-payments
    1. encrypted-payments.jpg
      encrypted-payments.jpg (61.31 KiB) Viewed 22800 times
  2. Or you can make your website secure, this requires you to add the AllProWebTools SSL WebTool, you can do this by:
    1. Go to Settings > Webtools
    2. Click Available Webtools
    3. Click "Add" on SSL
    4. This normally takes about an hour to propagate the Security Certificate to your site