Email editing - backspace loses formatting

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Mgaul2097
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Email editing - backspace loses formatting

Post by Mgaul2097 »

Hi
When editing the text in our newsletter template. If I hit backspace to remove an extra space, I lose the formatting (font, Color, Size).
-Mary
JanetY
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Email editing - backspace loses formatting

Post by JanetY »

Mary,

I have also experienced what you have described. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the ability to fix it at this time. It has to do with the behavior of the editor versus the html tags. If you backspace too far, the html tag will also get deleted "behind the scenes" and then you lose the formatting. Sometimes you can work around it by leaving the first character of the old text there, make edits and then go delete the old letter you don't need. Or you can go into the html source and change it.
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Yeah... I'm seen this myself in nearly every editor I've used anywhere, haha. It isn't just an issue in APWT by any means.

Familiarize yourself with actual html, use the "<>" button to flip back and forth between code. HTML seems daunting at first but the formatting tags are pretty simple. You'll still see your text in there. if you hit the <> button and search for your text you'll see what's going on.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

One thing I do for better clarity for what's happening is, in the WYSIWYG click on View > Show Blocks

This allows you to see what elements are in what so when you backspace too far it's not such a surprise :shock: