Product Variations

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Adam429
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Product Variations

Post by Adam429 »

Product variations disappeared when I was updated to apwt 4.0 . Now I can't create new variations. When I click the button to create new variations it takes me to the main product "Basics" page.
Christine
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Product Variations

Post by Christine »

Hi Adam,

The variation UI is now the white plus sign in the Variation tab. There you can rename variations and add/remove options to them.

I ran a tool which moved over your old variations to the new system as well.

Christine
Adam429

Post by Adam429 »

Thank you for moving those over for me. A couple of things.

1.) :geek: :o :!: :mrgreen: :x :? :D
2.) The white + sign must be extremely white because I can't find it in safari or chrome under the variations tab.
3.) For some reason if I put products as out of stock, they stay in stock until one more person orders them. And also when I make products in stock, they stay out of stock. A prime example is the product 1071.
Christine
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Christine »

2. It will only be there on products that do not have variations already. It's on the right side of the Variation Options dropdown.
3.Are you talking about the out of stock display in the list of products?
Adam429

Post by Adam429 »

3.) I'm talking about the out of stock display on the inventory tab of 1071. I changed it to do not track and it still says out of stock on the actual product page.

It also looks like I can't update the description either. So the live version is mis-matched between what the description tab actually says in the apwt console
Christine
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Christine »

3. So the product you are seeing in the list layout is a mother product that holds all the variations. If you go to the variations tab of 1071 there are two variations. The inventory setting on these is what the mother looks at to display the out of stock or not.

The same thing for description. 1071's is used in the list layout but otherwise the description is attached to the variation products themselves (1036 and 1037)