Import Contacts to APWT

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Thrvintl4216
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Import Contacts to APWT

Post by Thrvintl4216 »

Hello Awesome People,

Need quick help here.

How do you Import the contacts to APWT, Via CVS, the ones which were previously deleted?

I am trying to upload them now and they all are giving me an error. I can't upload those anymore to my Contacts in APWT.

The second is how do we fix the Client ID# in sequence. As we deleted few records previously, our Client ID# got messed up now. We have a huge gap which we need to fix just to make it more organized.

I am hoping for some quick response and help.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Import Contacts to APWT

Post by Dave »

We do not recommend deleting contacts. For business purposes it is important to keep a record of all of your contacts to create an accurate historical record of the company's activity. Even if a contact is no longer doing business with you or has marked your emails as "spam" - you still need to keep a record of their past purchases, invoices, emails, phone calls, etc. AllProWebTools must also keep a record of all email addresses that have registered a spam complaint to ensure that no more emails are sent to them.

It sounds like you want to clear out all of the records and start over with the upload of contacts. Only the owner of the account has permissions to do this. As the owner, you can go to "Settings" on the main menu and then select "Administrator". At the bottom of this page you will see an area called "Account Deletion". Here you will find a button called "Delete All Contacts". This will remove ALL contacts from your account and cannot be undone. This will not affect any of your account settings. It will not affect your email templates or integrations. It will only remove your contacts.
Thrvintl4216
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Thrvintl4216 »

Thanks, Dave for the quick reply to my post.

Yes, I do agree with you that we should not delete any contacts. From a legal point of view, it is also a good practice not to delete the contacts.

I am a new user, setting up the APWT accounts and moving my contact and such from Zoho.

The reason we deleted those contacts was that we made a mistake and for some other reason, they got deleted and things got messed up. I need those contacts back but I can't as I am getting a "Previously deleted" error.

It sounds like you want to clear out all of the records and start over with the upload of contacts.:.....No I don't want to delete anything now.

I have 1518 contacts now, I don't want to delete anything but all those which got deleted previously and I can't Import them now. I want to Import those contacts.

And would like help where I can fix the Contact#ID sequencing.....

I hope you got my question.... Thanks to all and for this great platform. I am loving it
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NoahBaldwin »

The 2 CSV files that you have provided have been uploaded to tags: gapfill1 and jp1. These deleted records have been restored.

There is no way to re-sequence the id numbers unless you use the steps explained above to delete all contacts and start over.
Thrvintl4216
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Thrvintl4216 »

Let's say I delete all the contacts and start over, what happens to the CRM records for some clients, their tags, updates or such in CRM and in Dashboard?

They get's deleted as well right?
Pichamon326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Pichamon326 »

Yes, it will remove them out of the tags and updates as well.