Feedback on new website builder interface

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Feedback on new website builder interface

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Hi, this is Stephanie. I've been working on my websites since the latest AllProWebTools upgrade, and I have some feedback re: the new website builder interface.

1. I like that we can now jump straight to "edit", "settings" and "view" in the main webpage list.

2. I do NOT like that saving a page takes me back to the list of web pages. I tend to save my pages several times while creating them as a precaution, and it used to take me straight back to the page builder, which was good. Now, every time I save my progress, I have to find the page on the list and click back to it, which adds unnecessary extra steps and time to the process.

3. I also don't like that I can no longer access the "settings" and "SEO" tabs from within the web page builder. Once again, this requires me to spend extra time going back to the page list, finding the page, and clicking through to it - and while I haven't tested this theory, I'm guessing that doing so would delete any progress I'd made, which wasn't the case before.

4. Where did the box to add keywords for SEO go?

5. I do like that I can now open web pages in a new tab. That's very helpful for when I want to open multiple pages for comparison, to link to each other, etc.

I hope this feedback helps!

Stephanie
NoahBaldwin
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Feedback on new website builder interface

Post by NoahBaldwin »

Thanks so much for the feedback!

You are using the very first version of the new website builder, there are many new improvements to come!

You can now access all of the SEO information along with other settings from the "settings" button which appears as a gear icon on the page that lists all of your webpages. It looks like this:
Screenshot from 2019-05-03 11-16-15.png
Screenshot from 2019-05-03 11-16-15.png (2.14 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

You're welcome, Dave. And thank you!

Regarding the SEO, I see an SEO section in the "settings" page, and it has fields for "URL", "Title", and "Description", but not "Keywords".

While we're talking about SEO, it occurs to me that it would be great if the SEO "Description" field had a character counter, warning users when they were going to go over the displayable character limit for a description as it appears in search results.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Keywords for SEO purposes have been unused for many years now. You can read more about this on this webpage written by yoast (one of the most respected and utilized SEO services available)

https://yoast.com/meta-keywords/
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize keywords were not used anymore.