Chat Box for Webinars

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Mmiller2105
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Chat Box for Webinars

Post by Mmiller2105 »

I would love to see a widget that was a chatbox for when I host webinars. I am tired of adding the code from Chatango or other sites and they are not showing up and I have to call AllProWebTools to fix the problem. It's time-consuming. Please make a chatbox for AllProWebTools members so we can add it without issue.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Chat Box for Webinars

Post by JohnB »

Just to clarify, are you looking to add a chat box to your website, where your customers can access and chat you anytime? Or are you looking for something more of a chat room where your customers (and you if you wanted) could all talk together in a single chat room?

Or are you looking for something completely different?
Mmiller2105

Post by Mmiller2105 »

Hey John! Maybe I wasn't clear (which could very well be the case) as sometimes I know what I'm thinking but can't get it out on "paper". So when I host a webinar on my website (webinar will go through Google Hangouts), I typically go to Chatango to grab a chatbox so when it comes time for me to answer questions, people can type in their questions and I can answer it live. There's a code for Chatango to be used on my website and when I plug in that code on my backend (or on my web page), it doesn't show up. So I have to call AllProWebTools and get them to fix it to show up on both the backend and the front end of the web page. It's just time-consuming and I would rather have something where I can grab it and plug it into my web page without the hassle of going to another website (like Demio, CrowdCast, or another paid site), which all has a chatbox in place.

Does this make more sense?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Ok, so it sounds like you need a group chat on your website where users can visit and start chatting. We will start looking into how this can be done so you won't have to contact us every time you do a webinar!
Mmiller2105

Post by Mmiller2105 »

That would be FANTASTIC! I would love that (remember, the chat need to show up on the front end so as I'm hosting a webinar, people can chat with me and I can answer their questions) ;)
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

We have 2 ideas to address your needs:

1. Use the Layouts feature to create custom layout called "Webinars" that will allow you to insert your javascript code correctly. This way you can still layout your page and make saves without losing the chatbox code.

2. Insert the chatbox code into your AllProWebTools header, footer, or theme (but this means it will be active all over your entire website)

Please start a ScreenShare Support and we will be glad to walk you through how to do this.

Thanks for letting us know about your needs, I am sure we can provide a solution for you!
Mmiller2105

Post by Mmiller2105 »

Thanks, it worked :)