Sales Report Improvement

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Sales Report Improvement

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Currently, if only one item is refunded out of a multi-item order, none of the items will show up in the sales report. For example, sometimes the shopping cart does not give free shipping to customers like it is supposed to. So when we go back and refund the shipping only, none of the items ordered will register on the Sales Report. Furthermore, if we go back and apply a partial discount to an item from an existing order, that item will no longer appear in the Sales Report.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Sales Report Improvement

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

Thank you for letting us know what you need in the Sales Report! This has been addressed in the next release, version 4.5, so that the Sales Report will account for partial returns, and show the items that were not returned, providing a more accurate Sales Report for you!

As I mentioned above, this change will take effect in the 4.5 version release. You can check this forum post to view other features to expect, and check the expected release date.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Sounds fantastic, thanks.

Also, I have noticed that if we apply a partial refund, or refund shipping (any kind of refund), the order will not show up in the View Orders queue. Is this something that will also be addressed? We've missed a few orders because of this.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

If I'm understanding you correctly, you create a partial refund on an order, and then can no longer find it under the "Unshipped" list of Orders. Am I understanding you correctly?

I would like to point out that our recommended practice for dealing with partial refunds that still need shipped after the fact is the following:
  1. Refund the entire order
  2. Create a new order with the correct items
  3. Process the new order as normal
This method leads to a better transactional history of what exactly happened, and the new order will appear in the "Unshipped" list. This also helps to prevent the wrong items being shipped out, since a refund doesn't change the original invoice, it creates an additional "Refund Invoice" marking which items were returned/refunded.

That being said, we are open to suggestions. If an order was partially refunded, how would you expect the order to appear?
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Hi John,

A lot of times this isn't feasible since we get the order online and we don't store credit cards, and the communication is done by email. We could call them up to get the credit card info, but it is easier to just partially refund the existing order. However, I am mostly concerned about the Sales Report, which is being addressed, which is great. We will just have to make sure we remember that the order won't show up automatically in the View Order queue when this is done. But if you ever made it so it would, that would be great.