creating product and naming products to work with invoicing

Ideas! We love to hear them. Your ideas are the features we add next.
Jack10
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

creating product and naming products to work with invoicing

Post by Jack10 »

Suggestion: include product or item code or sku's on invoices

Example problem:

I recently had a customer receive the wrong product because our shipping clerk didn't know the product's full name which happened to indicate what type of product was ordered. The invoice abbreviates the product name. The onus is on us to create redundancy and make sure that shipping department knows to match the right products to the invoice. However, the invoices do not show a product or item code or sku.

My temporary work around is to rearrange the product name so that the product type is at the front of the name and won't be abbreviated out from the invoice. THe product was called "Green Label NicaDor Blend Cacao Beans," and the invoice showed "Green Label NicaDor" now it is "Cacao Beans- Green Label NicaDor Blend." Unless I create another order I can't tell what the invoice will say, but it should say "Cacao Beans- Green L" or close to that.
Coling43

Re: creating product and naming products to work with invoic

Post by Coling43 »

We very much want to make things easier for you and for your customers. We will jump on this as soon as possible.
Coling43

Re: creating product and naming products to work with invoic

Post by Coling43 »

If you add a sku to your product when creating or editing your product from the console it should show up under the name on the invoice. Check to see if any of your products have a sku in the console. If not you are able to add one on the edit product page. Let us know if that helps.