I'm logged into the forums, yet I can't log into the forums

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

I'm logged into the forums, yet I can't log into the forums

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

As you can tell by the fact that this is my fourth post on my fourth topic today:

1. I am logged into the forums.

2. Today has been a BAD tech day, haha. 6 consecutive hours of tech problems worth of bad. :cry:

And yet, even though I'm obviously logged in, when I try to update my APWT forum profile or access my user control panel, it tells me to log in. So I try to. I put in my username and password, and in response, the login form refreshes the page and erases the data I just entered in the form, and I am still not logged in. I tried spelling the password differently (in case it's still objecting to and rewriting a certain character), and then it told me I had the wrong password. So I tried the original username and password, and it didn't object to the password - just refreshed the page, erased the data I'd just entered in the login form, and pretended I hadn't tried to log in.
Pichamon326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Re: I'm logged into the forums, yet I can't log into the forums

Post by Pichamon326 »

AllProWebTools uses a passwordless login for the forum. From your AllProWebTools console, you can click the support button and then click "Help & Suggestions Forum" to login to the forum without using a username or password.
screenshot-c326.allprowebtools-home.com-2022.10.19-08_50_00.png
screenshot-c326.allprowebtools-home.com-2022.10.19-08_50_00.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
Since we are using the passwordless login, you do not have any login credentials to login to the forum directly - nor is direct login a supported feature.

The forum software is written and maintained by a 3rd party and we do not have very little control over how it operates.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Thanks for the info. I'm aware that we can log in directly through the main APWT site; my problem is, when I try to update my APWT forum profile or access my user control panel, it tells me to log in, but won't let me log in.

Given that the forum software is written and maintained by a 3rd party, is it possible for APWT to pass on a bug report to that party, since some of the forums' features seem to be malfunctioning?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It sounds like you may need to clear the cookies that relate to the forum. After you clear the cookies, you should be able to log back in to the forum using your AllProWebTools link and then access your forum profile. Delete all the cookies similar to this:
Screenshot from 2022-10-22 07-14-24.png
Screenshot from 2022-10-22 07-14-24.png (81.58 KiB) Viewed 4581 times
If this does not work, please try logging into the forum by clicking the link in AllProWebTools using a different browser.

The above are troubleshooting techniques and if you let us know here the effects you experience we can assist you further.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

No effect, Captain. I tried clearing the APWT-related cookies from Chrome and Firefox and accessing the forums via both, and it still won't let me edit my profile without blocking me with the nonfunctional login page.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Here is what worked for me:

1. Click on your name in the top right of the forum and DO NOT select "Profile" - instead select "User Control Panel".
2. On the User Control Panel, you will see a tab that says "Profile".
Screenshot from 2022-11-03 00-26-50.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-03 00-26-50.png (45.5 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
3. Click the tab "Profile" and make any changes you like.
Screenshot from 2022-11-03 00-30-35.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-03 00-30-35.png (47.85 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Yay, it worked! Thanks!

The feature for adding my YouTube channel to my contact info is putting up a fight, though. Which part(s) of the URL am I supposed to add? The field is too short for a full URL, it only wants alphanumeric characters, and it keeps leading to a 404 page when I put "UCqxSRCT_ivQJR3_2spzdvkA" into the field. (Here's the URL, for reference. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxSRC ... A/featured)
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

It looks like there are other people experiencing the same issue. I found this information. I think you will appreciate the 3 posts at the bottom of this page: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2581986
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

Ah, thanks. Looks like I'd need to get a YouTube handle; I'll have to see if that's currently possible for my Coach Client Connection channel.