Customers are unable to login to place an order

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Steve173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Customers are unable to login to place an order

Post by Steve173 »

Received 3 phone calls in last 30 minutes from customers trying to order. Our website is not allowing them to sign in. When they click "login" and input their email address and password and click sign in it just kicks them back to our homepage and does not sign the customer in....I just tested it on both mobile and desktop and it's also happening to me...please advise as it appears this is system wide and our no customer is going to be able to place an order. Please help!
Tommie326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Re: Customers are unable to login to place an order

Post by Tommie326 »

Can you provide customer id numbers so we can look into this?

It appears that you have had a number of orders placed in the past 24 hours.
screenshot-c173.allprowebtools-s1.com-2022.07.23-04_28_16.png
screenshot-c173.allprowebtools-s1.com-2022.07.23-04_28_16.png (219.5 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

All those orders except the last two were processed before the issue started or at least before we became aware. I just tried to login myself as a customer and it still kicks me to the homepage to login again once I sign-in. My contact ID is 11986. I have a screen recording of it but the forum will not let me attach a video.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

It appears that you are still getting orders in the past 7 hours:
Screenshot from 2022-07-24 04-42-45.png
Screenshot from 2022-07-24 04-42-45.png (21.53 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
The system is designed so that:

- if a visitor has added at least one item to their cart before they login, and they click to complete the purchase, they will be asked to login and then they will go to the order summary page.
- If a visitor is looking at a specific page (like a blog page) and then decides to login, they will be returned to the page they were looking at before logging in.
Steve173

Post by Steve173 »

Ok so how does a visitor get to their my account page? That is what I am trying to do with buyer 11986. When I click the login option it opens the login page, i input the login details and click sign in and it then takes me to the homepage but does not log in as "my account" does not appear in the upper right in place of "login"... "login" and "create an account"....this is the issue customers are having. Other buyer IDs that are having the same problem are 23098, 26011 and 16418. Please advise how a customer is to access their my account details?
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

I guess we should have been more specific...some customers are able to place an order if they are shopping directly on the website, those customers just can't access their "my account" to update their credit cards, addresses or change their password.
The customers that cannot order are the customers that we create the order invoice for and then have them login to submit payment that cannot place orders. The not being able to access "my account" appears to be affecting all customers. Here's some more buyer IDs from today.... Buyer 31483, 42119, 17187, 26153, 37104, 8457 and 17754.
Tommie326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Tommie326 »

You have several options:

1 - When logged in, you should see this at the top of the page:
Screenshot from 2022-07-25 22-37-31.png
Screenshot from 2022-07-25 22-37-31.png (56.42 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
This is where the customer can access their account or logout.

2 - You can add a new link on your menubar (or anywhere else that you like) to this URL: https://realnoni.com/myaccount.php

3 - You can configure your account so that everyone is always sent to their "My Account" page when they login. From he menubar you can click on "Settings" -> "Website" and then choose the tab "Other Settings" and change the settings as you like:
Screenshot from 2022-07-25 22-43-27.png
Screenshot from 2022-07-25 22-43-27.png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Ok great Tommie. The option for "my account" is actually now displaying. Since last Friday it never even displayed....a few problems though...the font color is not showing orange on our end, it's green on the green background which is not legible.
1. How do we change this back, in the past it has always been white? Why is it orange on your screenshot but green for us?

Secondly, for years we've had "create an account" and "login" display there to the left of the shopping cart. Please reference the screenshare I did this morning...where did the "create an account" option go? All we were concerned with is that when customers "login" the "login" link to the left of the shopping cart was functioning properly and changing to "my account" once the customer logged in.

Screenshots of the green text on green. This should be white text.
realnoni homepage login .jpg
realnoni homepage login .jpg (227.52 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
realnoni my account illegible.jpg
realnoni my account illegible.jpg (335.27 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
Tommie326
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Post by Tommie326 »

Hold the shift key on your computer while you refresh the website a few times.

You can read more about this here: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/geek-s ... web-pages/
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi Tommie...we tried the shift key and refreshing multiple times and also tried the suggested commands in the blog you referenced...unfortunately none of those turned the text back to white or made our "create an account" link appear above the "login" link....please help.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

You can change the colors of the links in your stylesheet by changing he color code values here:
Screenshot from 2022-07-27 23-43-41.png
Screenshot from 2022-07-27 23-43-41.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
You can access your stylesheet from the main menu by clicking on "Settings" -> "Administrator" then click on "Stylesheet"

After you make the changes, it will be important to follow the instructions here to see the changes take effect:

https://www.allprowebtools.com/Develope ... g-Started/
Steve173

Post by Steve173 »

We did a screenshare with Chopper yesterday about this...it's actually "login" that we are most concerned about the text color as customers cannot find it. I searched the stylesheet and there is no line that has login on it. I even used your search function at the top of the style sheet. Where do we change the text color for "login".

This also did not address the issue of where "create an account" went? To the left of our shopping bag it used to say "create an account" and below it "login".
Realnoni homepage.png
Realnoni homepage.png (599.43 KiB) Viewed 1484 times