I added a Recaptcha, and APWT blocked my IP address.

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

I added a Recaptcha, and APWT blocked my IP address.

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

I followed the instructions on this page to add a Recaptcha to my APWT account: https://www.allprowebtools.com/New-from ... TCHA-4-5-/

Immediately afterward, when I tried to visit my website at www.coachclientconnection.com, use my [email protected] email, log into my APWT dashboard, or visit the APWT website, I got this error message:

“Error 1006 Ray ID: 6f435424ef6b2d32 • 2022-03-30 19:42:28 UTC
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (webmail.coachclientconnection.com) has banned your IP address (My IP address was written here; I'm not sure I should post it on a public forum).”

I texted support, and Natasha unblocked me, but now the Recaptcha is no longer in my APWT Administrator settings, so it looks like she disabled it. It would appear that adding the Recaptcha caused the problem, and removing it solved it, but I don't dare add it again to test that theory.

Natasha didn't know why my IP address got blocked, so she suggested I post about the issue here so you could let me know what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: I added a Recaptcha, and APWT blocked my IP address.

Post by Dave »

It sounds like our security system detected suspicious activity coming from your IP address. There can be many reasons for this, so it will be difficult to guess at the reason after the fact. After your call, we have added your IP address to the list of trusted IPs so you should not encounter this issue again as long as you continue to use the same IP address.

This was not caused by the Recaptcha setup and Natasha did not remove your Recaptcha. You are welcome to try to setup Recaptcha again. If you are using the same IP address as yesterday, we do not expect that you will not have any issues.

You are welcome to start a Support Screenshare (at no charge) before continuing to setup your Recaptcha so we can be available to assist you.
Stephanieo2940
AllPro Provider
AllPro Provider

Re: I added a Recaptcha, and APWT blocked my IP address.

Post by Stephanieo2940 »

That sounds like a good idea; next time I attempt the Recaptcha, I think I will have a screenshare going, just in case something goes wrong again. Thanks.