Product Creation Issue

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Product Creation Issue

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have been noticing this issue I believe starting since sometime last week, and we had a client point this out to us again today so I thought that I would post this here.

Recently, whenever I have been creating brand new products from scratch and I save it after making my initial edits, the new products are constantly being saved and marked automatically as 'Private'. Not only are they marked as private, but some are even marked with 'product 'hide''. I'm attaching a screenshot and circle the element I'm referring to - in the image it's marked as it should be, but when I initially create the product, that is marked as 'hidden'.

So there are two things going on here - what I pointed out in the screenshot, and that the product itself is being marked as 'private'

Let me know if you need any more clarification on this issue.
Attachments
ProductHidden.png
ProductHidden.png (38.46 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Product Creation Issue

Post by JohnB »

All newly created products start as being marked Private. This is to prevent new, incomplete products from being visible on the online store before they are meant to be visible.

As for the Product "Hide" setting, a new product should be set to "Show" like it is in the image you are describing. If it is set to "Hide," then that setting must have been changed by a user. At the very bottom of the "Edit Product" page you should see a message that will tell you which user last updated the product, and when.

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything or if you have any other questions!
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi John,

Sure, that makes sense. I was just confused as to why it was working that way, but I do appreciate the clarification.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

Can there be a way to make it known to people that ALL events that are created are being marked as private? This is becoming an issue again as we have clients making products and are confused as to why they cannot see them. They are not aware that they are private.

A suggestion: maybe once a product is created, there is a message that tells them that its marked private and they need to make it public when they are ready to do so?

It's just a bit confusing, because I think that when someone publishes a product, they expect it to be live, and it's confusing them that it starts out as private.

Let me know about this, thank you!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

We could add a message, but do you think it would be better to make it default to automatically being published and not hidden when a new product is added? We can easily add this to version 5.1 which is currently available by request.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hi Dave,

Sure, that could work too!

Thanks!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Starting with AllProWebTools version 5.1. New products created will now automatically be published and show up on the website.