Discover Card Problems

We appreciate your feedback - please let us know how we can improve AllProWebTools.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Discover Card Problems

Post by Cfisher2118 »

In the last week, I've had three customers call in to say that their Discover card was declined when it shouldn't have been. In each case, we tried to process it manually through AllProWebTools, and they were all still declined. But then, when we process it directly through our Merchant Account Provider's online terminal, the transaction is accepted, as has been the case each time.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Discover Card Problems

Post by JohnB »

Thanks for letting us know, I'll make sure we look into this right away.

Do you have the order numbers for the 3 orders that the Discover card did not work? If you could provide me with that information, that would be a great starting place for me!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

The one from today is 6344
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thanks, as we look into that, can you just confirm a couple things for me?
  1. All of the declined cards have been Discover, nothing else?
  2. Has this just started recently or has it happened before?
  3. Did you verify the card was not expired and the CVV code from the back was put in correctly?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Also, it would be extremely helpful to have the other 2 order numbers!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I don't remember the other two. I would have to go through all the notes on each order to find it. It happened again today with this order: 6398
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Thank you, and please keep me updated if you do find the other order numbers or this happens again! Having those numbers to look up is extremely helpful.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

We had the chance to look into this issue, and was wondering if you could get another piece of information for me to help identify the problem.

It looks like you have authorize.net setup as your credit card processor. Would you be able to login to your authorize.net account and find the error from these declined transactions? Or you could place the login information in your Password Manager and we can look for that error message.

Let me know what you decide to do, and we'll be able to continue working on this for you!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Remind me where password manager is again.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Here is a video that goes over the Password Manager

Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I added my authorize.net credentials to password manager.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

another case where discover could not be processed via all-pro interface, but could through credit card processing terminal - invoice 6631
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Another case, invoice 6950
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

While researching order# 6950 in your Authorize.net account, we found the following information which was provided by Authorize.net:
Transaction ID: 20158335581
Transaction Status: Declined (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to a card code mismatch with the card code on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.)
This error message is generated by Authorize.net and not AllProWebTools. We suggest contacting Authorize.net Support and reference the Transaction ID so that they can further assist you.

Once they have helped you to resolve the issue, please post your findings back here so the rest of the community can benefit.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Here is what Authorize.net technical support wrote back on this:

Thank you for contacting Authorize.Net in regards to accepting Discover. I would be happy to assist with this.

First, there is no issue on our end, as you're able to go to our system and manually process Discover just fine.

With the orders processed on your website, they are being declined because of the Card Code Verification (CCV) status being received (Should be on card but not so indicated). This response means that your website is not passing us the card code, but it needs to.

I would recommend contacting your developer to have the website start passing us the card code for the orders.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

I have just tested your website by placing an order and putting in a credit card with expiration date and I did NOT put in a cvc code. I received an error message as expected.

Can you please do a test purchase from your website with a Discover card and go ahead and enter the CVC number?

I assume that if you do this, the charge will go through correctly because AllProWebTools is sending the CVC number that is entered by the customer. If the customer does not enter a CVC, then AllProWebTools cannot pass the CVC on to Authorize.net.