Changing Tabs at Top of Page

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Ssechrist2865
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Changing Tabs at Top of Page

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

Hello,

I went to change the name of one particular tab. The tab is Sign In at the top of the page. I was trying to change this to read, "Member Login."

When I changed the heading, all the tabs dropped down like they were "ghosting." The tabs were not showing up in white and not showing up on the same line.

Is the word "Member Login" too long to appear across the top of the page?

How many tabs can I have across the top of the page?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Lyza326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Changing Tabs at Top of Page

Post by Lyza326 »

Can you include a screenshot so we can understand your question?
Ssechrist2865

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

I believe it has to do with coding.

The first screenshot (actually it appears on the very bottom of the screen shots--#336) shows what the tabs currently look like across the top of the page. The letters are in all white in the gray box.

The remaining screenshots show what happens when I change the "Sign In" tab to read "Member Login." I believe the name "Member Login" is too long and has too many letters in order to fit correctly, so it is "ghosting" and appears below the gray box.

How can I change the names of tabs if they are going to not show up correctly? I will maybe want to add or change up the tabs at the top of the page, and I want to make sure the coding is correct in order to be able to do this.

Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot (340).png
Screenshot (340).png (834.27 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Screenshot (339).png
Screenshot (339).png (920.63 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Screenshot (338).png
Screenshot (338).png (777.33 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Screenshot (337).png
Screenshot (337).png (880.36 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Screenshot (336).png
Screenshot (336).png (817.6 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Ssechrist2865

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

Hello, no one has gotten back to me on this request. I want to add additional tabs on the top of the page as well as change the name of the tab in the above conversation to a longer name, and the system won't allow me to do that. The tabs end up "ghosting" and they don't up. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

You are using a custom theme that was created by Geff Gilligan in 2015. It would appear that Geff Gilligan created your custom them for a specific purpose and only intended the menubar to hold a specific number of items.

The theme that you are using was not created by AllProWebTools and we can not provide support for a custom theme. Geff Gilligan or a web developer familiar with HTML and CSS would be the most appropriate person to assist you.

You can also choose from our selection of supported themes here: https://allprowebtoolsthemes.com/

You can learn more about using themes in this video:

Ssechrist2865

Post by Ssechrist2865 »

So, you are saying we cannot add additional tabs to the top of our page without having to go back to the original person who designed our website? I am looking at the "Themes" video now to see what we can do on our end.