abandoned cart email sends

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Lfrailey173
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

abandoned cart email sends

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Hi!
What do we need to do to not have our abandoned cart email send to customer that has a shopping cart that actually checked out and order is generated? We've had a influx of customers that are having trouble placing orders on our website so they get frustrated and call for help. We click on the shopping cart that they've started and complete the order for them however then at midnight when our abandoned cart email sends it then sends them the email saying they still have items in their cart, event hough there is no longer an abandoned cart on their customer profile? As you can imagine this is not helping the situation as most of these customers have already had a poor experience with our website, finally get the order placed with our help and then receive essentially an inaccurate email which just fuels their frustration all over again. So what buttons or boxes do I need to tick to get our system to stop sending the abandoned cart email to someone got their order placed?
Kayla326
Support Team
Support Team

Re: abandoned cart email sends

Post by Kayla326 »

The abandoned cart system is designed to send an email when a customer has not completed their purchase after 1 hour from putting an item in their cart. The expected configuration is to set the campaign to send the abandoned email "ASAP" - this will send an email to the customer within 2 hours encouraging them to come back and complete the purchase.

The configuration on your account differs from this in that the Marketing Campaign is not configured to send the email "ASAP" - instead, it is configured to hold all abandoned carts and send all emails from the previous day at 1am.

For this reason, when you are completing a cart for a customer and you are marking the abandoned cart as resolved, it is recommended that you also look at the "Campaigns Joined" area of their CRM record as shown here:
abandoned-cart.png
abandoned-cart.png (36.53 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
If you do not want the customer to receive the email at 1am, you can click the button that says "Clear Campaigns" and they will be removed from the "Abandoned Cart Campaign"
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

Great! This is very helpful. Follow up question: would you recommend we change the configuration for our campaign to "ASAP"? I'm honestly not sure why it was set to 1am, would there be a benefit to hold and send at 1am instead of ASAP? If you recommend we change it, how do we do this? And also I'm assuming even if we change it to ASAP and a cart gets resolved by a phone order we still need to clear the campaign tags for the customer?
Brads326
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brads326 »

Would you recommend we change the configuration for our campaign to "ASAP"?
I cannot advise you on this as it depends on the preferences of your business.
Would there be a benefit to hold and send at 1am instead of ASAP?
Waiting until 1am will give your customers more time to come back to complete their purchase without being offered the discount coupon that is in your email.
If you recommend we change it, how do we do this?
The following video explains how to work with Marketing Campaigns:

if we change it to ASAP and a cart gets resolved by a phone order we still need to clear the campaign tags for the customer?
This will depend on if the customer has already received the abandoned cart email. You may want to change the verbiage in your abandoned cart email to indicate the the discount offered only applies to online order and not when they place an order over the phone.
Lfrailey173

Post by Lfrailey173 »

hmm confused here...there is no verbiage in our abandoned cart email that offers any type of discount. It simply notifies them that they have items in their cart. So since there is no discount why would there be an advantage to hold the email until 1am verses sending shortly after the cart is abandoned? I'm pretty sure Dave had a reason when he set it to do the 1am send but I'm drawing a blank as to why the 1am send was highly recommended for our account?