Coupon code confusion

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Andy1735
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Coupon code confusion

Post by Andy1735 »

I'm nt sure if I am doing this right. I have looked at the video on coupons and it does not offer any insight.

I have a 5% off coupon set up for people who respond to our welcome popup. I want to set it so a customer can only use it once. If you want to look the code is st161hdt7

From my understanding, I want to set quantity very high so the code can be used plenty of times. In this case I set it to 99999

Then I want "expire after one use?" set to yes, so an individual customer can only use it once.

Right now, after a customer uses it, the coupon code expires and I have to reenable it. I think in this case I set it to multi use by accident and it still needed to be reenabled.

Is this a bug or am I doing this wrong?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Coupon code confusion

Post by Dave »

From your description - everything is working correctly. What you need to use are called coupon aliases. You can set a coupon alias to reference the original coupon code. An infinite number of “Aliases” (or copies) can be made from a single coupon. As long as the original coupon code is never used.

Each “Alias” has all the properties of the original coupon code but will be its own unique (single use) coupon. These aliases are auto-generated 10 digit codes that are automatically assigned and emailed to your client whenever they fill out your leadbox.

This is what was recommended to you here for the smoothest integration: http://allprowebtools.com/forum/viewtop ... 8239#p8218
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

Well, it looks like I mistakenly set up this coupon I am currently using to not expire after one use, yet it did anyway. Can you confirm?
Andy1735

Post by Andy1735 »

With the third party we are using for dealing with various abandons, we can't easily have the APWT system provide an alias. They mentioned having a URL for a json access point where they could obtain an alias, and thereby send every user a different one. Not sure what sort of dev that would entail on your end.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

There is another option to either upload or download a list of aliased coupon codes. This would allow you to provide the 3rd party with a list of generated single-use codes that they can upload into their system. You can generate as many codes as you like in advance and download them as a CSV.

Choose "Store" from the main menu and click on "Coupons". On this screen you will see several tabs across the top. Click on the tab to "Download Aliases". You will be asked for the main coupon code to aliases from and the quantity of aliases you would like to generate.