Account Credit Issue

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Cfisher2118
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Account Credit Issue

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I created two "Account Credit" orders for a customer, one for $70.50, and one for $3325.00. The $70.50 one worked, and added that amount to their "Credit Remaining". But the larger amount did not register with their "Credit Remaining". These are invoices 7199 and 7200, both for the same customer.
Cfisher2118

Re: Account Credit Issue

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I did a test order for $70, bringing the Credit Remaining amount back down to $0.50. When trying to replenish it back to $70.50, it didn't work. So now it is stuck at $0.50. Is there a limit to how many of these can be done in a given time period?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

To answer your question, the invoicing system was not designed with any limitations on account credits made within a certain timeframe.

I see 4 orders for this customer:

invoice 7199: -70.50
invoice 7200: -3325.00
invoice 7201: 70.00 (this order was voided)
invoice 7202: -70.00
---------------------------------------
total: -3465.50

It is difficult to say what was going on with this account without seeing what the balance was after each invoice was entered.

Is it your goal to end up with a total credit balance of $3465.50? Would you like us to clean up the account so that this is the balance?
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Hi Dave,

The goal is to end up with a total credit balance of 3395.50. The $70 amount was just a test order I tried to restore back to the account credit afterward.

If you could just clean up the account and set it to this balance, that would be great. Thanks.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

ok, we can do that. Shall I remove orders 7201 and 7202?
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Ya, you can remove those two orders, thanks.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Your invoices (7101 & 7102) have been removed and your credit amount is now showing $3,395.50 as requested.

While I was in the account, it appeared that a refund had been "paid" with account credits - this was likely the cause of the issue. Be sure to always refund invoices with a valid payment method like cash, check, credit card, etc. Then if you want to create an account credit, create a new invoice with account credits.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Alright Dave, thanks.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Still having trouble with this. Tried to add $11 in account credit for a customer with invoice 8195, but it won't add. Even though I do it the same every time, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Their total account credit should amount to $25.50.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

We have addressed this specific invoice, and corrected it so that the buyer has the $25.50 in account credits. In the upcoming version 4.5 we have rebuilt and improved the payment system, including some items related to account credits. So in a couple weeks, when this version is released, we do not expect this issue to continue into the future! However, if you do notice any oddities with account credits, please let us know so we can address them for you as quick as possible.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

That's fantastic to know it will be shored up in the next release, and thanks for your help on this one. And FYI, I just added $37 more in account credit to this particular account, and it worked properly this time.
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

I'm still finding that sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, even though I do it the same way every time. I just tried to create account credit with invoice 8495, but it didn't go through. Can you add $118 in account credit to this customer (momsdeal)? Thanks.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello!

First, I'd like to say that we are going to make sure the buyer you mentioned gets the $118 credit they deserve, bringing them to a total credit balance of $118. You should see this fixed now if you go check that buyer!

Second, I tried to reproduce this problem, but am unable to cause the same issue where I pay the order in full and the credits do not get applied. This leads me to believe you are doing something just ever so slightly different than I am. Since you mentioned it does not happen every time, have you kept track of how often the credit does not get applied, or have a rough estimate? Does it not work half the time, 10% of the time?

Lastly, I wanted to let you know that we are working to address these issues when you report them to us. Particularly with buyer credits, the next version of AllProWebTools (version 4.5) will have some improvements to the buyer credit system and how buyer credits are calculated. This should help eliminate some of the buyer credit issues you and others have experienced before.

Please let me know if you have any more questions! Or if you have more information that could help me reproduce this issue the same way you are able to!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Thanks for adding it manually on your side.

I can't think of anything I am doing differently. I choose "Credit" as the Product. I put the amount and then "Add Item". I then Create Order, and pay it with cash. Maybe there is some other variable casting its effect.

I would say that it does it works about 60% of the time.

I hope this helps. Thanks again for helping me with this.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Sure thing, we're happy to make sure your data is correct.

It sounds like the credit does not add fairly often then. If at any point in the near future you have the free time to start a screenshare and try to show this issue to us, that might give us some more insight to what's going on. In the meantime, we will keep working to continually make it better!
Cfisher2118

Post by Cfisher2118 »

Just did one right now and it worked properly.