Newsletter prob's

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Mhoglan2212
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Newsletter prob's

Post by Mhoglan2212 »

I am working on an email newsletter camapaign and and when I try to send out a test email I receive this message ~ You do not have an mail server setup, please contact your administer to setup.

Help!
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Newsletter prob's

Post by JohnB »

You'll need to setup a mail server to use the email marketing. Here's a video on setting up a mail server. The video's a bit older so it doesn't quite look the same, but it has all the correct information.

Mhoglan2212

Post by Mhoglan2212 »

I have done the basic setup and now I receive this message ~ This page is not available while using myallprowebtools.com. This feature will be available once this site is live. ~ We are running our website through GoDaddy so how will this work?
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Do you see this error when you go to "Email->Settings"?

If so, this error should be appearing under the "Manage Email Addresses" tab. This is for setting up an email like [email protected]

As long as there are no errors under the "SMTP Settings" tab you should be able to send your newsletter. If your newsletter is still not sending, please let us know.
Mhoglan2212

Post by Mhoglan2212 »

Yes it is appearing under the Manage Email Addresses section, there is no error message under the SMTP Settings tab. I want the email newsletter to be from [email protected] email so do I have to go in and set that up separately??
Mhoglan2212

Post by Mhoglan2212 »

I have tried sending test emails and not getting anything, also, cannot setup the Webhooks either.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

To change the From email, if you go to "Settings->Company Information" there is a field "From Email" that will be the default address emails are sent from. You can put in a different From Email Address for a specific email when you are editing that email if you want to overwrite the default you set up in Company Information.

When sending emails this way, you may have to wait 5-10 minutes for the email to come through. If it's been much longer, I would suggest first logging into your Mandrill account, or whatever email delivery service you are using, and see if you can check the status of the email. In Mandrill there is a menu option "Outbound" that will show you if an email is queued, delivered, bounced, etc. If your emails are not appearing on this list as queued, then they did not get to Mandrill, and I would suggest double checking the SMTP settings you have in your console.

As far as the webhooks, could you describe what is not working for you?
Mhoglan2212

Post by Mhoglan2212 »

The test emails were rejected, I go in under settings and there is no area that says company information or a "From" section. It keeps telling me that ~ You don't have any sending domains set up yet. To start sending through Mandrill, you need to verify ownership of your sending domain and update your DNS records.
Set up your sending domain

I am losing time and money having to go through all of this!! If there is not anyone that I can speak to directly I need to cancel my account and move on to a company that can provide actual customer support.
Paige
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Paige »

Thank you for contacting us about your support expectations. We want your experience with AllProWebTools to be as efficient and problem-free as possible.

We may have a great solution for you. You will notice on our website in regards to support policies, that you are offered up to 30 minutes each month of personal screen share support. You can see the support policies page here:

https://www.allprowebtools.com/Support/

A screen share session will allow you to share your computer screen directly with a technician who can help you to resolve your issue. The reason that we do not offer phone support is that it can be very difficult to understand some issues without actually seeing them ourselves.

If you would like to schedule your screen share session to resolve your Mandrill issue, please let us know what time and date will work best for you (during normal business hours). We will send you a link to begin the screen share at your requested appointment time.