Embed Youtube Videos

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Pburgess2097
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Embed Youtube Videos

Post by Pburgess2097 »

Help again.

The YouTube video embedder is broken, or I don't know how to use it. I get an error message every time.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Best,

Philippa
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Embed Youtube Videos

Post by Dave »

Please let us know what the error message says so that we can assist you.
Pburgess2097

Post by Pburgess2097 »

Dave,

I am using the Insert YouTube feature within the email. I am pasting our code from YouTube. I am replicating this exact email and process in Infusionsoft and there are no issues. In APWT, the same procedure yields the following errors:

Here are two screenshots. The first is how it looks in the email when I test it. The second is what happens when you load in and hit play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdwql7hiry8op ... 1.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghb1auo3f0ymp ... 2.JPG?dl=0

Please advise.

Thank you.

Best,

Philippa
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Your screenshots were very helpful!

AllProWebTools does not support embedding videos directly in an email, what we DO recommend is creating a still image and LINKING it to the video.

There are many reasons why this is a better approach when you consider mobile devices and the potential for SPAM and security issues. See this article from hubspot.

This also creates a number of advantages from a marketing and user experience perspective as you can see in this article.
Pburgess2097

Post by Pburgess2097 »

Thank you!
Went to send test email...Now this error message is back: The parameters passed to the API were invalid. Check your inputs!
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

I am unable to reproduce this error. I have just sent my self a test email from your account.
JohnB
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JohnB »

Hello! In regards to adding a youtube video to your email, I would like to add an update to this thread.

The best way to add a youtube video to an email is not to use the "insert youtube video" tool in the email editor. Instead, simply place a link to the youtube video.

Very few email inbox services allow embedding a youtube video in the email, but they will all allow a link to a youtube video.

Also, Gmail (the internet's most popular inbox service) will automatically add a preview image of the youtube video, and allow the user to view the youtube video at the bottom of the screen, as long as there is a youtube link in the video.

That's all that is needed, to simply place the youtube link in the email!