Becoming a member of an APWT website

Need help? Please give a detailed explanation of your problem.
Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert
meble kuchenne Mikołów Knurów Czechowice-Dziedzice

Becoming a member of an APWT website

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Hello,

I have a few questions about how the sign up process works to become a 'member' of a site.

The site that I'm referring to does not have the 'membership' Webtool installed, and I don't believe that they need it.

So, how it's currently working is like this - someone purchases a product from the store, and they then get the option to create a password to the site. If someone goes through that process and creates a password, then they are all good.

But what happens if someone doesn't create a password, and they check out from the store as a guest. Is there a way for that person to still get a login to the website? Like if they were to put in their email address in the 'forgot password' area, would they receive an email containing the password?

I hope this all makes sense - I am trying to avoid the users to purchase another product just so they can get access to a member's only page. But there have been a few customers who went through the process and did not create an email during the checkout - and they need to be able to access this member's only area. How can they do that?

Let me know if this makes sense, and if you need any additional information from me, thanks.
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Becoming a member of an APWT website

Post by Dave »

If someone purchases a membership without creating a login and password, they can go to the login screen and follow the instructions in this video to have a new password generated and sent to them. Their email address will be their login.

Agalassi1792
AllPro Expert
AllPro Expert

Post by Agalassi1792 »

Right, thanks for that video.

But as I mentioned, the site in question does NOT have the 'memberships' webtool installed, so they are not purchasing a membership - they are purchasing a spot at an event - I believe that the product type they are purchasing is either 'ticket' or 'service'. They then need to log into the members area to receive additional information about the event.

So - if they do not create a password during the checkout process, are they still able to follow the instructions in the video you posted, even though they are not purchasing a membership?
Dave
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Dave »

Yes, once they login, they can go to the "my account" page and access all of their ordering history.